Thursday 2 April 2009

Slovakia/Austria/Hungary/Slovenia.


I was going to apologise for not posting again, but then I realized I was actually suprised there was running water in some of the places I've been to in the last 5 days, let alone internet access, so I'm not going to.

 The past week has been completely surreal. It feels like we've driven more in the last five days than the first 3 weeks, and has left everyone completely drained. Haven't really taken many pictures as we seemed to spend all day driving, loading in, eating, playing, then leaving again, all in the space of about 12 hours, so not a lot of time to look around. It seems bizarre to just sum up my experiences of these countries in just a few sentences, but I don't think we were in any of them for long enough to write more.

That said, I tried to take at least a couple of pictures that summed up each place.

Slovakia - 

This was one of the most bizarre places I have ever seen. It was exactly as I imagined it, only I actually enjoyed myself. The show was absolutely wild, as were the kids partying afterwards.
My camera died almost as soon as I got to the venue, so sadly* no pictures remain of Nick and I staying up til 4 in the bar til we had to leave for the drive to Munich. Before we were plied with as many rum&apple juice shots as we could drink, I took a couple of pictures.

*I'm definitely not sad about this. 


I haven't got a clue what this is, but there were three of them on the wall, and I liked them.

I am well aware that this is a terrible photo, but I just couldn't believe Pid was on Slovakian TV.



Leaving Slovakia, Salvador Dali landscape.


And so to Vienna, where again I saw next to nothing of this landmark of architecture and culture, bar the venue, an Irish themed bar, and a dirty, overpriced nightclub. 



Yeah, thats really it. Sorry Mum.

Then to Budapest, where it's a pretty similar story. Show was amazing, after which we headed to the hostel, then went for a walk to get some food. This was cut short when our driver John saw someone get stabbed in the face 30 yards from the kebab shop we were in. Good times.
I am going to write a book of John's expressions.






We run Budapest.




Owing to the literally torrential rain, I took no photos on the way to the venue in Slovenia. 
The following are from the house we stayed in, which was the furthest building from civilization I have ever been in. Apparently the woods surrounding the house were rife with wolves and bears, though we didn't see any. Which is a shame, as the owner of the house was the very proud owner of two bazookas. I'm not even slightly joking. 










That's all I can be bothered to write for now, the 10 hour drive from Belgium to Wrexham has robbed me of any motivation. Just a week left now, check the dates on our myspace and try and make it to a show. Bibby.

No comments:

Post a Comment