Tuesday 3 February 2009

It worked!

Unbelievably, the first post worked and is now visible to anyone who cares to gaze upon it.
Which is probably no-one. I wont let that get to me however, and am now posting with a brief explanation of why I have started this blog. 

Without going on far too long (failing already), it is a small number of things.
Firstly, I am currently unemployed. As you can imagine this leaves me a great deal of free time, which I should be spending reading improving texts and actually learning the songs we are demo-ing for the new record, but in reality usually sees me shouting incoherently at the television/cat/outside world, and drinking far more coffee than my body will thank me for in later years. So this is an attempt to fill some of that time doing something other than those things, and maybe even encourage me to go out and do some exciting things to write about.

Secondly, I am going on tour in march for 5 weeks, after which I head to Boston to record aforementioned album with my band Dead Swans. In tours previous there has always been well intentioned talk of a tour diary, which never seems to get beyond a few pages of my appalling handwriting in a tesco value notepad, resplendent with phallic symbols. Needless to say these transcripts never make it anywhere near a computer, besides, the crude penises are the best part about them, and I don't know how to use a scanner. So I am hoping that this will be a good way to keep all 2 fans (my parents) updated and at worst, something for me to look back on in years to come and be hugely embarrassed about. 

Third and finally, I have been trying to be more creative recently and this seems like as good a medium as any to do so, especially seeing as I still haven't got all the paint out of my eyes from my last creative expedition.

I am imagining that I will mostly be posting about band/tour related matters, but you never know, I may do something of note between now and March. Thats it for now, time to go and see if those Demo's are in my inbox (thanks Burt).

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment